JD Heiskell and Co. & Nutra Blend are teaming up with FoodLink for Tulare County for the Drive to Feed Kids dinner and live auction. We are raising funds for FoodLink for Tulare County’s SmartPack program, a program that provides children who are at risk for hunger with food on the weekends during the school year.
- Tulare County’s children are at risk for hunger and lifelong health consequences.
- 40.7% of children in Tulare County live in poverty
- 34.5% experience food insecurity.
- According to a 2015 American Academy of Pediatrics statement, children and teens that do not get
enough to eat are sick more often, are slower to recover from illness and are hospitalized more frequently than those with good diets. Additionally, children who do not get enough healthful food are more likely to have difficulty concentrating and doing well in school, and more apt to have behavioral and emotional problems, according to the statement.
How to get involved?
- Sponsor a table ($2000). Sponsorship includes a table for 8 and recognition on the event material.
- Sponsor a child to receive SmartPacks for the whole year ($300)
- Provide a pallet of shelf-stable milk ($2000)
- Provide a box of meat sticks ($2000)